PUBLIC YELLOW BUS ROUTES
Each year, some stops are added or removed based on ridership. Visit the Google Request Form to see a list of current stops.
Public Yellow Bus
From Kindergarten through 6th Grade, eligible students residing in Manhattan may ride the free New York City Department of Education yellow school bus. Your eligibility to ride the yellow bus is dependent upon the student's residence. Please visit the NYC Department of Education's Transportation webpage for eligibility information.
Public transportation close to NEST+m
Public transportation options include the M14D, M9, and M21 buses and the F train; exit the front of the train at the Second Avenue stop, then walk east on Houston Street.
How do I sign up for public yellow bus service?
Please USE THIS FORM to request Public Bus Service for Fall 2023. Please note:
- The Transportation Secretary will be in contact with you in early September to confirm ridership.
- Students from other schools will be sharing routes with NEST+m students.
- Students CANNOT RIDE until the Transportation Secretary confirms their start date.
- Please make arrangements to drop off and pick up your child for the first 2-3 weeks of school, as it takes time for students to be processed into the Department of Education Transportation system.
- Siblings of current riders MUST wait for the Transportation Secretary to be in contact with their ridership start date.
- Routes and times are determined by the Office of Pupil Transportation.
PRIVATE BUS ROUTES
What can I do if my child is not eligible to ride the free yellow school bus?
- MetroCards: Students who are not eligible for the yellow school bus may be eligible for the student MetroCard; see this NYC Department of Education Metrocard webpage to find out if your child is eligible. Please note: students cannot ride the free public yellow bus AND get a free Metrocard.
- Private Bus Service: Parent volunteers have organized paid private bus service for students living in Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn. Visit the Private Bus webpage for more information. Please contact the route coordinator for details about the route and cost.