NEST+m is a New York City Department of Education citywide school for Gifted & Talented students, grades K to 12. We offer an academically challenging curriculum designed to produce young scholars who are distinguished by their intellectual capabilities, communication skills, capacity for leadership, ethical values, and readiness to contribute to the betterment of the world at large.
We are the only public Gifted & Talented school in New York City in which students can move seamlessly from Kindergarten through 12th grade. Our three grade levels—Lower (grades K–5), Middle (6–8) and Upper (9–12)—occupy their own unique space within our large, sun-filled building, but they share a single educational philosophy and a unified school spirit.
- At NEST+m, intellectualism, inclusivity, collaboration and exploration within and beyond our school community enable our students to lead lives filled with learning, discovery and purpose.
- NEST+m’s students feel valued and cared for. They develop the academic mindsets and metacognitive skills necessary for long-term learning.
- NEST+m students blossom into practitioners–scientists, mathematicians, technologists, writers, historians, musicians, painters, linguists and artists–who learn from and with each other.
Join us in our First PTA Meeting of the year!
Come and meet some of our Executive Committee Board members, hear updates, and ask your burning questions! Tuesday, September 28th at 6pm on Zoom. Link and agenda will be shared in emails so be on the lookout!PTA
Update from Chancellor Porter - 9.20.2021
Please read the Update from Chancellor Porter - 9.20.2021
This update includes important information regarding recent changes to COVID protocols.
Weekly testing. Starting Monday, September 27, the DOE will increase random COVID-19 testing in all elementary, middle, and high schools for students in grades 1-12 from biweekly to weekly. We can only test students whose parents have provided an updated testing consent form to their school. You are encouraged to provide this consent for your child if you have not done so. If you have already submitted a testing consent form for the 2021-22 school year, that consent form remains in effect. If you have not yet submitted your consent, you can do so one of two ways:
- Fill out the form using your NYC Schools Account (NYCSA): schoolsaccount.nyc or
- Download the form online at COVID Testing for Students and send the completed form back to your child’s school, to their teacher or to the Main Office.
- If you do not have a NYC Schools account, please fill out the Tech Support Request form.
Updated quarantine policy. Also starting Monday, September 27, in accordance with the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we will no longer close an entire classroom when there is a positive case in the classroom. Unvaccinated students who are masked and at least three feet distanced from a student who tests positive are not considered close contacts under CDC guidelines and will not have to quarantine. This new policy applies to all students in any grade.
Translations of this letter are available on this webpage. You can also read the letter in .pdf format.NEST+m
COVID-19 TESTING CONSENT
In order for your child to return to in-person learning, you MUST SUBMIT the consent form for in-school COVID-19 testing by the first day your child returns to the school building. Kindergarten students are excluded from random testing.
To submit consent, Log into your NYC Schools Account, click your student’s name, click “Manage Account,” and then when a dropdown menu appears, click “Consent Forms.” Read the page, and then choose the consent option at the end for your student.