Lower Grade Admissions
See the Gifted & Talented webpage for updates. Please stay tuned and check this webpage frequently.
Our school is NOT AFFILIATED with the NEST Autism Spectrum Disorders Program at NYU. Please visit the NEST ASD webpage for more information.
Applying to NEST+m for Grades K – 3
Thank you for your interest in attending NEST+m. Admissions for Grades K – 3 at NEST+m is managed by the NYC Department of Education’s Office of Enrollment.
Rank programs in order of preference. Please note the following:
- Families can list Kindergarten AND gifted and talented programs on the SAME application.
- Any family who lists a G&T program anywhere on their application will then be considered for eligibility. Visit this webpage to learn about eligibility for Fall 2023.
- Families who submit an application will receive a single Kindergarten offer in April to either a Kindergarten or G&T program.
- Schools will know who received offers to general Kindergarten and G&T programs at their school at the same time in April.
- Waitlists will become available at the same time for both Kindergarten and G&T. Families will only be able to accept one offer at a time.
Helpful links for families of accepted students
- Visit our afterschool program website: http://www.after3nyc.org/
- Visit our dress code webpage to find out about our uniform
- Sign up for a PTA Connect account to start receiving school communications
If you are a new family it is very important to sign up for PTA Connect because we use this email list to send important school announcements.
If your child receives an offer to attend NEST+m, you will receive an email to schedule a registration appointment. Visit this link to learn what documents to bring to Registration.
You can get a head start on the paperwork; print and fill out these documents at home and bring them with you to your registration appointment.
Please visit our Registration page to complete the necessary forms:
- Student Information Form
- Housing Questionnaire
- Federal Parent/Guardian Student Ethnic & Race Identification
- Language Preference Form
- Child & Adolescent Health Examination Form
- Media Consent
- Family Income Inquiry Form
- Classroom Supplies Fund
Students in K-6 who live in Manhattan below 93rd st, MAY be eligible for free yellow bus transportation. Visit the Transportation webpage for more information. All students who do not ride the public yellow bus will be issued a student Metrocard.
Right of Return
If your student is discharged from NEST+m and wants to return, that request must be made within the school year. The request will be considered only if there is an available seat.
See the Chancellor's Regulation A-1010, page 17, which outlines the policy for students of citywide G&T programs.