Upper Grade Admissions
ADMISSIONS UPDATES FOR 2022-2023
Please see our Virtual Tour webpage for Tour information!
The Upper Grades Virtual Tours/Open Houses for prospective students 2022-2023 will be held on the following dates:
High School Admissions for Fall 2023:
Students new to NYC Public Schools:
HOW TO APPLY TO NEST+m UPPER GRADES
Thank you for your interest in the Upper Grades at NEST+m!
At NEST+m, intellectualism, inclusivity, collaboration and exploration within and beyond our school community enable our students to lead lives filled with learning, discovery and purpose.
How to Apply
NEST+m is a citywide screened school. Speak to your guidance counselor or contact a Family Welcome Center to set up your MySchools account. ALL applicants MUST apply through the MySchools online portal. Do not send us any additional materials, as they cannot be considered as part of your application.
- Visit the NYC Department of Education website’s High School Enrollment page for more information.
- Watch this helpful video to learn how students get offers to screened schools and specialized high schools.
- Set up your MySchools account using the invitation code provided by your school’s Guidance Counselor or at the Family Welcome Center.
- See our NEST+m 2019 College acceptance and matriculation information.
If you have questions regarding Upper Grades Admissions, please send a message to email@example.com.
ADMISSIONS RUBRIC - 2022-2023
PLEASE NOTE: Admissions rubric updates for 2022-2023 have not been announced yet.
ADMISSIONS RUBRIC - 2021-2022
NEST+m 9th Grade Admissions Method – Screened:
- Average 6th Grade ELA / Math State Test Scores – 20%
- Average 6th Grade Final Grades – 40%
- Average 7th Grade Marking Period Grades – 40%
NEST+m 10th Grade Admissions Method - Screened:
- Average 7th Grade ELA / Math State Test Scores – 20%
- Average 7th Grade Final Grades – 40%
- Average 8th Grade Marking Period Grades – 40%
The same rubric is used for GenEd and SWD students.
You will receive your child’s Upper Grades offer from the Department of Education in your MySchools account sometime in the Spring. You will be able to log into your MySchools account to see the results, and you will receive a letter by mail. Visit the Department of Education’s High School Admissions webpage to learn more.
We will post Orientation information for admitted students on the Orientation webpage.