If your child receives an offer to attend NEST+m, please follow the steps below to begin the registration process.
Step 1: Download the forms listed below and save them on your desktop.
Fill them out, and send them back to our Pupil Accounting Secretary, Eileen Braccia at EBraccia@schools.nyc.gov. You can fill out the forms electronically, save them, and send back as attachments. Or, you can print, fill out, scan or photograph, and send back as attachments.
Registration documents for ALL students:
- Student Registration Form
- Emergency Contact "Blue Card"
- Home Language Identification Survey (HLIS) (only for incoming Kindergarten students)
- Media Consent Form
- Health Form (this must be filled out by a Doctor and can be returned in the fall)
- Classroom Supplies Fund
- Sign up for PTA Connect (very important as we will use this to stay in touch over the summer)
- Medication forms (only if necessary)
Additional REQUIRED documents for students who are new to the NYC Department of Education (coming from private schools, charter schools, out of state, etc):
- Parent/Student Ethnic Identification Form
- Housing Questionnaire
- Kindergarten Questionnaire (only for incoming Kindergarten students)
- Please also provide the documents listed on this checklist.
Step 2: If you are entering Grades 6-12, you MUST complete this important survey.
You will be asked to choose course electives and language preferences which we need in order to create your class schedule. 6th graders do not have electives or language preferences, but we do need the other information. Please have your latest report card or transcript available to upload. Students entering in K-3 do NOT need to fill out this form.
Step 3: NEST+m Fall Reopening Plan Information - Very Important for ALL students who accept waitlist offers
As per our recently-approved NEST+m Exception model, ALL students will participate in remote learning for academic classes five days per week in the mornings. The Blended learning students will come in for one afternoon per week from 1:50pm-3:50pm for Small Group Instruction (this consists of Advisory, Social Emotinlal Learning, Academic Support or other Related Services). Remote learning students will receive their Small Group Instruction all online. If you want to select Remote Learning for your student, it is not too late!
If you have questions about your child's IEP or special accommodations, please contact Assistant Principal of K-12 Special Education, Tessa Derfner, at TDerfner@schools.nyc.gov.
Helpful links for families of accepted students
- ASAP: Sign up for a PTA Connect account to start receiving school communications
- Visit our K-5 afterschool program website
- Visit our Grade 6-8 SONYC afterschool program webpage
- Visit our PTA website to learn more about transportation to NEST+m via public or private buses
- Learn about our K-8 Uniform Policy, Dress Code and Personal Electronics Guidelines
- Summer Reading Assignments are posted on the Summer Reading webpage
- Upper Grades families, please join our Remind groups (only for Grades 9 & 10):
- Parent Remind: Send a text to 81010 with this message: @hd8afh
- Student Remind: Send a text to 81010 with the message: @2hfagg