Arrival & Dismissal
BUS ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL
PUBLIC BUS STUDENTS
- Public buses drop students to the Columbia Street bus entrance.
- School staff are stationed on the sidewalk near the bus entrance to direct the students.
- K-2 students wait in the Cafeteria. Grades 3-5 students go to the Auditorium.
- Teachers pick up students from the Cafeteria.
- At dismissal, public bus students assemble in the Cafeteria. K-2 students are brought to the Auditorium by school staff.
- Each route has a line up spot.
- New riders, please note: students cannot ride the bus until the Transportation Secretary confirms the start date. This applies even if their sibling is already on the public bus.
PRIVATE BUS STUDENTS
- Private bus students arrive at the Columbia Street bus entrance.
- Matrons MUST help their students enter the Columbia Street bus entrance.
- Teachers pick up students from the Auditorium.
- At dismissal, private bus riders assemble in the Auditorium where Bus Matrons are waiting. K-2 students are brought to the Auditorium by school staff.
BUS RIDERS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO PLAY UNSUPERVISED IN THE COURTYARD BEFORE OR AFTER SCHOOL.
ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL
- Day 2 and onward: all K-6 students will enter through the Columbia Street bus entrance.
- K-2 wait in Cafeteria; Grades 3-5 wait in Auditorium.
- Grades 6-12 enter through Main Courtyard, up ramp, and swipe in to enter the building.
- ALL STUDENTS must put away cell phones, headphones, air pods and electronic devices before entering the building. REVIEW our policy.
- Dismissal K: K Students who are being picked up should be picked up in the same location at 2:25 p.m.
- Dismissal 1-5: Students in grades 1-5 who are being picked up should be picked up in the same location at 2:30 p.m.
- Public bus students: Picked up in the Courtyard by authorized adult until their ridership date is confirmed by the Transportation Secretary.
- Private bus students: Assemble in the Auditorium. Matrons should be in the Auditorium by 2:20pm. Younger students will be brought to the Auditorium by school staff.
Please try to be on time! Grades K-5 students who are not picked up by 2:50pm will be brought to the Auditorium to wait for caregivers.