HOW TO ACCESS SDM
Add the SDM App to a smartphone, tablet, or web browser. The app is compatible with Android and Apple devices.
- Android – Go to the Install tab from the dropdown menu within your SDM account or open a Chrome browser window, go to schooldismissalmanager.com, tap Add to Home Screen, and follow the onscreen instructions to install the app.
- iPhone – Go to the Install tab from the dropdown menu within your SDM account or open a Safari browser window, go to schooldismissalmanager.com, then tap the Share button, scroll down, and tap Add to Home Screen. Enter the name SDM and select Add to install the app.
FIRST-TIME LOG IN
- Check your child's default dismissal (how your child goes home most days) and make sure it is set correctly.
- If changes are needed, select the green Set/View Default button above the calendar.
- If using the SDM app, select Default Dismissal from the menu at the top left, to set the correct dismissal. Setting a weekday default will override the main default on a specific day of the week.
- Always set the main default first, then set weekday defaults only as necessary.
- Unless your child rides a bus, your default dismissal option should be SELF-DISMISS, even if your child is attending SONYC, MSAL, PSAL, or any other school-based extra-curricular activity.
- If your middle or high school student rides the bus, please select the bus as the default on the days your child rides the bus.
How can I get help?
ABOUT SCHOOL DISMISSAL MANAGER
School Dismissal Manager (SDM) is now NEST+m's efficient tracking system for daily attendance and afternoon dismissals! Using your desktop or smartphone browser, quickly and easily update your child's dismissal instructions when they need to be changed, making it no longer necessary to call or send notes and emails to the school for dismissal changes.
NEST+m will begin using SDM to report daily dismissal changes on October 10, 2023.
What will SDM allow me to do?
- Report your child will be ABSENT (in advance or for the current day). You will still need to upload supporting documents into our Attendance form..
- Report your child will LEAVE SCHOOL before 2:35pm.
- Report a LATE ARRIVAL after 8:15am.
- Set up RECURRING DISMISSAL instructions.
If I set up recurring dismissal instructions, and I need to make a change, what do I do?
Please report dismissal exceptions before 8:15am. You will not be able to make an exception in the system after 1:00pm.
What do I do in case of an emergency?
In the event of an emergency, if you must report a dismissal change after 1:00pm, you will need to call the school office at 212-677-5190.
How can I get help?